Acora Dental is pleased to offer patients root canal therapy! This simple procedure can save your tooth from extraction and prevent the need for dental intervention down the road. Call Acora Dental today and see if root canal therapy is right for you!
What is Root Canal Therapy?
A Root Canal is a treatment option to save a tooth from extraction when it becomes diseased or is dying. When the inner tissue of a tooth (the pulp) becomes infected or dies, either from a fracture or crack in the tooth, a deep cavity, or an injury to the tooth, root canal therapy can save the tooth from extraction. If the infected or dead pulp is left untreated, it can cause extreme pain, which could lead to a possible dental abscess or possible tooth loss.
Symptoms of Infection that might suggest the need for a root canal:
- This tooth is sensitive to hot or cold
- The tooth hurts when biting
- There is a throbbing, severe tooth pain
- The area is swollen
- You have a bad taste in your mouth
- Sometimes there are no obvious or noticeable symptoms to let you know there is a problem! Only regular dental visits and digital x-rays (as well as the expert eye of a dentist) can reveal an underlying problem.
A root canal is a very simple, yet precise procedure. The first step will be the administration of a local anesthetic to the tooth and surrounding area. Next, a rubber dam will be placed around your tooth to keep it free of bacteria from your saliva. Next, a hole will be created in the tooth to remove the pulp, and then the root canal system will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Finally, the cleaned canal will be filled, and a filling will be applied to the tooth in order to strengthen and protect the tooth.