If you are interested in a long-lasting solution to correct cracks, gaps, chips or discolouration in your teeth, porcelain veneers might be right for you! Acora Dental is pleased to offer this cosmetic dentistry option to boost your self-esteem and help you achieve the smile you have always dreamed of!
What is a Porcelain Veneer?
A porcelain veneer is a thin layer of porcelain that is placed over a tooth surface, to protect a damaged, chipped, or discoloured tooth, or to improve the aesthetics of a tooth. These custom-crafted shells of porcelain are bonded onto the front side of the tooth to create a cosmetic improvement. They can be used to close spaces between teeth, whiten discoloured or stained teeth, or lengthen small or misshapen teeth. When teeth are chipped or starting to wear, porcelain veneers can also protect teeth from damage and restore their original appearance. They are custom-made to fit your mouth perfectly and usually take at least two dental visits.
What are Porcelain Veneers Used for?
- Chipped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are slightly crooked
- Teeth that are slightly stained
- Teeth that are different lengths
- A smile you would like to enhance or change
- An alternative to orthodontic treatment for those dissatisfied with
their smile but do not want to wear traditional braces. Porcelain
Veneers can be fitted to reshape crooked teeth that may otherwise
require orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Virtually undetectable
- Resistant to staining
- Offer strength to weak teeth
- Resemble natural teeth for a seamless look
- Custom designed to enhance the characteristic of individual patient
- Can change colour, length, contour, and shape of teeth to enhance and create the perfect smile.