Acora Dental is pleased to offer safe and effective tooth extractions when it is recommended and required.
When Might a Tooth Extraction be Required?
While Acora Dental is committed to helping you keep a healthy mouth, sometimes tooth removal is the very best solution for your overall oral health. Some situations where this might be necessary include:
- Decay that has destroyed too much of the tooth
- A broken or fractured tooth that is not repairable
- Bone loss due to gum disease
- A crowded mouth, which could affect other teeth
- Impacted teeth or those that block other teeth
- There is a risk of infection
- In preparation for orthodontic treatment
Your Comfort Matters!
If a tooth extraction is necessary, the Acora Dental team will talk to you about the procedure and answer any questions you may have. We will make ensure you are completely comfortable during every step of the extraction procedure so that your experience will be the best it can be. It is not uncommon to experience some minimal discomfort right when the freezing wears off, but ibuprofen or acetaminophen can be taken to help. Swelling and bleeding are usually quite minimal, but your dentist can tell you what to expect in your specific situation.