Acora Dental is committed to helping you achieve the smile you desire. We are pleased to offer a variety of orthodontic treatment options to meet all of your needs!
Your NW Calgary Choice for Orthodontics
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of irregularities in the mouth, teeth (especially alignment and occlusion) and jaws, including the use of braces. Spacing and crowding are the two most common reasons why people seek orthodontic treatment. Orthodontic treatment is provided by an Orthodontist, who ordinarily has completed two to three years of further training beyond dental school. Using braces, Invisalign, and other devices, an orthodontist helps straighten a person’s teeth and correct the way the jaws line up.
What Irregularities Might an Orthodontist Treat?
- Overbite: The upper jaw extends too far over the lower jaw
- Underbite: The lower jaw extends over the upper jaw
- Crossbite: The upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth
- Upper front teeth protrusion: Either the upper teeth extend too far, or the lower teeth do not extend far enough
- Spacing: There is too much room between teeth, or teeth are missing entirely
- Crowding: Their teeth do not have enough room to erupt
- Open Bite: There is no overlap between the upper and lower front teeth
- Dental midline mismatch: The back teeth do not align properly
Whether it be braces or custom-made removable appliances, orthodontics can help you have the healthy, straight, beautiful smile you have been waiting for. If you would like to find out more about what orthodontics can do for you and your smile, call Acora Dental at (403) 289-7055 and we will be happy to help!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Call Acora Dental at (403) 289-7055 to book your Orthodontics appointment today!